Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's day 2013



 Another Father's day comes again. Usually if I were with my parents we would BBQ. I love shoyu chicken and teri burgers! Talk about ONO! But since were in Utah with my in-laws, instead of the usual going out to eat or a movie, we went to the park. My FAVORITE PARK! We figured since it's nice and sunny, the dogs would appreciate joining us in an outing. Plus my kids have been begging to go to a park and we've been a little busy all week! (We did other fun things, but they still wanted to just play at a park.)

We went to Provo's Bicentennial Park . It's kind of hidden and a lot of people don't even know about it. I had tried to explain to my husband and his brothers where it was but they just kind of laughed at me and thought that I was weird because you can't see it from the main road. I'm so glad my step-mother-in-law knew what I was talking about. They absolutely loved it! It is a HUGE ultimate Frisbee field, with a cool kind of playground, a volleyball net and kind of a wetland swamp area for walking. 
My kids had a blast. My in-laws loved it. It was cheap, simple and was a great place for us to spend some good family fun together. Even though it was super hot and we all drank at least a gallon of water each, it was perfect for our Father's day activity together!




Oh and I made some AMAZING chocolate chip banana bread :) Or cake I guess because I didn't have a bread pan. It's for my step-mother-in-laws parents and a good friend of ours who is like another father figure to my husband. This banana bread was simple, easy and DELICIOUS! I just added some chocolate chips. I'm going to say a half a cup. I should have put more, I like TONS of chocolate chips but it was great the way it turned out.

All in all, we had great fun, spent some good time together and had a great excuse to make amazing banana bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment