Friday, July 5, 2013

Independence week

After the temple w/tia Lupita's family
We've had such a fun week!! We got to see Josh's tia Lupita's family before they left. Well we practically got to see most of his family this week and it has been a while. We got to go to the temple with Lupita and her boys before Aaron left to the MTC. My kids loved spending time with them and harassing their kids. (My three are CRAZYYY.) Independence day we went to the Freedom Days in Provo with Glenin and Annette. My kids looooooooved it. Although it was crazy busy Gissi got her face painted, Gabriel went on a fun ride, I went with both of them on the spiny ride (which I will NEVER do again) and they all got prizes at the end! I think it'd be fun to start a booth. I just need to find something to sell. Lol. But later we went to Olga's again and had a family dinner which Abuela, Mario, tia Elizabeth and Veronica came to join us and tia Lupita's family. And we got to end the night with our fabulous neighbors to watch some fireworks! (did you see that one chelle??) It's hard to write about all of it without going all over the place so I'll just post some pictures. Lol.
getting her face painted

Her cute butterfly!
(don't mind my screenshots. my phone wouldn't let me save it. lol)

sparkelers!
I am also very grateful to live in this beautiful country. I feel so privileged to be an AMERICAN! Although my roots came from the small (tiny) islands of Tonga, I will forever be an American. Born and raised in this country, with international roots has opened my eyes to the blessings and privileges most American's take for granted. I love indoor plumbing, A/C, heaters, all the technologies along with the right to speak my mind, cuz I am a girl, the right to marry who I want (yes Josh I'm grateful we're married :)) and to have as many kids as I want! (even though I think we're good for now. lol) I am grateful to those who prepared the way and sacrificed and still do sacrifice for our freedoms in this country. I pray that with God as our guide, we will be able to move forward with peace and love. Life is to short to not see the beauties all around! I hope you have had as great of a week as I have and it's not even over yet!! Happy birthday America! I love you!!



my complaint about the fireworks. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment