Sunday, June 17, 2012

For Father's Day

I have had the privilege of having amazing men in my life. All who have had a great impact on my upbringing. I know everyone believes that they have the best father/husband/whatever in their lives but for me personally, I know that I have been one of the luckiest girls on earth to be surrounded my extraordinary men. (I say girls because I'm not the only "girl" in their lives.)

My dad. Half the time I don't know what to write about him, and it's always difficult to. If you know my family, you know that we're kind of rude and sarcastic. Or at least maybe that's just me. And my dad and I are so much alike I feel like I'm talking about myself half the time. Lol. But here's my attempt anyways. My dad is a funny guy. He is kind of scary upfront and a bit too straight forward, but underneath it all, he's a big softy. Growing up we kind of had a weird relationship. I think he couldn't really connect with me cuz we're just alike. Kind of like trying to raise your own childhood self. And I guess that's what did it, because we were so much alike he knew I needed my space. I needed to learn my own way, and he let me do that. And I am forever grateful for it. People probably think he favored my sister, and in a way he did, but she's a big cry baby and needed lots of love. He cared for me and treated me the best way that I needed, and I am so fortunate to have had that opportunity. He is the most caring and giving guy I have ever met. We butt heads a lot but that's just because we're both stubborn and hard headed. He is a determined, immovable force when he wants something and he refuses to take no for an answer. He loves to joke around and tell stories but be careful cuz he'll tell it over and over and make the story better each time. He's a big man with a big heart who loves unconditionally and I am eternally grateful to my Father in heaven for blessing me with such a man. I love you daddy!

I have also been blessed with amazing in-laws! I know some people complain about their in-laws and yada yada yada, but I can say that mine are the BEST! My father-in-law is so wonderful! I think he spoils my husband a bit too much but I can't complain cuz I'm his wife. LOL. Glen is such a wonderful father and grandfather. He has been so good to Joshua and I and to our children. We are so lucky to have him in our lives. Not only has he helped our little family so much but he helped raise my husband. There is so much of Glen in Joshua that I can't help but appreciate all that he has done in his life. He is such a caring grandfather that it is doubt why Joshua is that way his is with my children. Full of love and compassion, he is always there for us and lets us learn on our own along the way. We are so grateful for all you have done for us and we can't wait to spend more time together in the future! We love you opa!


My Josh. Oh dear, where do I start with this man... I have such a love/hate relationship with this guy. I love him so much, I just hate it. LOL. This guy has put me through a lot. A lot more than I bargained at the beginning. Half the time I just want to punch him in the face! But I don't. Because I'm not violent like that. I just don't want the world to know how crazy I am about him. Joshua William Garcia. Probably the most loving and playful father I have ever known. He is SO good with our children. That I can't deny. They absolutely ADORE him because he is so so SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good with them. Always playing with them, patient and caring, he just loves them and they feel it. We have a little trouble with disciplining because you can just tell that they make him melt and he just can't say no. It drives me up the wall! And I guess that's where I come in. He is no doubt the best father for my children and I am so grateful for him. We've had our ups and downs and I can say that our downs have been worth the ups and it'll just keep getting better. With God on our side, who is there to make afraid? I thank the Lord each day for having such a wonderful man in my life. I love you Josh. Xoxoxox

Happy Father's day to all the father's out there. And may we remember the Father of us all on this special day, our Father in heaven. Xoxox!

No comments:

Post a Comment